Xiret - Bring back the Windows Experience Index

• XIRET v1.22.1020 | Released 07.09.2017
    Xiret now requires .net framework 3.5

xiretapp.png

What is Xiret?:

Xiret is a small portable executable designed to read, create and share Windows Experience Index scores on Windows 8 onward. It features a custom UI with no added framework or .dll files, no adverts or spam and is completely free forever.

Features:

- Clean and friendly user interface
    - View and generate Windows Experience Index scores with minimal effort
    - Easy options to save scores as text or an image
    - Xiret includes the imgur API for super simple upload and sharing
    - Automatic enumeration of WEI errors
    - Automatic power adapter detection
    - Automatic management of memory overhead*
    - Automatic DPI and scaling awareness

* Feature removed whilst I work on a better solution

System Requirements:

Processor: 800MHz x86 or x64
    Memory: 512MB
    Video: DirectX 9 class with 32MB VRAM
    Disk space: 5MB free
    Dependencies: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
    Optional: Internet connection for updates and image sharing via imgur

Compatible Operating Systems:

Windows 10
    Windows 8.1
    Windows 8
    Windows 7

# WinSAT is not available below Windows
    # On K/KN versions of Windows you will need to install the media feature pack to run the assessment as it includes multimedia support for WinSAT.

Download:

Secure download (Bitmight): xiret.zip - Up to date!
    Alternate download (MajorGeeks): xiret.zip - Currently outdated
    Alternate download (Softpedia): xiret.zip -
    Currently outdated

Current Checksums:

Executable (Xiret 1.22.1020.exe)
    Sha256: 2c79e4f6a6873116eaeb51657ffacd8a95db4a1047296cbbe2b4e0d9fd720eb0
    Size: 323,584 bytes

If the .exe or .zip checksums do not match what you've downloaded then the files have been edited. I highly recommend only downloading from the links here as they're checked and trusted. The best place to get the most current version of Xiret is here on MDL, other websites may take time to update, but this is to be expected.

Changelog: 

Version 1.21.1016

New:
    1. Applied WinSAT Load Reader Version 3

Enhancements:

1. UI ClassStyle and general changes
    2. Improved UI thread handling
    3. Checksum generation changed to SHA256
    4. Moved invokes to delegates
    5. Improved OS version checking

Bugs:

1. Version checking issue fixed
    2. XML serializing issue fixed

Misc:

1. This application now requires Windows 7 or higher

# The full changelog is available here

mg_certified.gif

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in. - Edsgar Dijkstra

The post was edited 1 time, last by QuantumBug ().

• Having issues?

Xiret Troubleshooting Guide

Question:
    I'm running a K/KN version of Windows, why is the assessment failing?

Answer:
    This issue occurs as Windows Media Player is not included with these versions of Windows. Please install the media feature pack, restart your system and try to re-run the assessment.

Question:
    When I run an assessment, it seems to be stuck doing the same thing?

Answer:
    Close Xiret, delete all .xml files in ‘C:\*Windows\Performance\WinSAT\DataStore’ and try again. Alternatively, you can restart your system. Sometimes interfering applications cause WinSAT to spontaneously exit without error.

* Replace “C:\” with your systems hard drive letter

Question:
    Why does my antivirus software quarantine/block Xiret?

Answer
    This is because some antivirus software may flag Xiret as a false-positive, which is essentially a false alarm. You should add Xiret to your antivirus exception list as it is not a virus, nor does it contain any malicious code. More information on false-positives.

Question:
    I'm using Windows 10, why is my 'Gaming graphics' score always 9.9?

Answer:
    Windows 10 has scrapped the D3D test, therefore gaming graphics are no longer calculated, thus returned scores will instead show a hardcoded value of 9.9.

Question:
    What is error 21?

Answer:
    This can be caused by third-party codecs and/or low disk space on your system drive. Please check the disk containing your primary operating system has enough space and remove any codecs that may be installed. More information on codecs.

If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in. - Edsgar Dijkstra

The post was edited 1 time, last by QuantumBug ().

• Hey everyone. Xiret is getting a recode. Here is an image of the new update, which is due in 4 weeks. I've some issues to work through, and the TaskWindow to finish, which is the new popup menu in the bottom right of the desktop. If you have any quesions please post them here. users of the forum can test the new version before release (when it's ready). Many thanks to MJ for assisting in UI and other development.

xiret.png

• This application has been updated to version 1.22.1020 - The update can be downloaded below:

Secure download (Bitmight): xiret.zip

• Version 2 is nearly on the cards. I'm currently working on some performance issues and also which way hardware information is pulled from the system.

Regards, QB.